What are the real benefits of IT Workshops for Business?
At the end of every workshop, we ask our delegates for feedback. We often hear:
“The events are well organised with interesting speakers and a chance to network afterwards over a first class buffet”.
And that’s not a bad start! But the real benefits start to appear when we catch up with delegates weeks or months down the road...
Find a better way of working
Some business owners come to us because they’ve spied an opportunity, and they need to master a skill or two before they can see it through.
Others join a workshop because they’re loath to be left behind – they want to stay in the loop and see what the latest widgets can do for their business.
But what’s important to you?
To help you decide, we’ve compiled a list of the ten major business gains that our delegates have experienced in the workshop aftermath.
Naturally, every topic brings its own particular benefits...but you should start to see quite a few of these gains after your very first workshop.
You can expect to:
- Maximise Sales. To many businesses, the web is the sales person that never sleeps! So when you master social platforms and user-friendly web tools, you can build awareness, generate referrals and sell directly online.
- Maximise Productivity. The web has a real knack for automating repetitive tasks. So learn how to use the right software and you’ll see productivity soar – leaving you and your workforce free to focus on driving the business forward.
- Save Money. For some technical fixes, you need specialist support – but for many tasks, it’s just a matter of learning a few simple skills. There’s no need to stretch your IT budget if you can do the basics in-house.
- Make Informed Decisions. Between social media, cloud computing, search engine optimisation and so on, you’re faced with hundreds of options. Our workshops will show you what each one means to you in practical terms - so you can close the door and focus on a handful of technologies.
- Understand The Pitfalls. Workshops are all about making technology simple. But there are tripwires here and there, like resourcing issues, cost implications, service levels and more. If there’s anything you need to avoid, you’ll find out here before it’s too late.
- Get Ahead. Workshops give you the most up-to-date information available. And once you’re on our radar, we’ll make sure you’re first to know about other emerging opportunities.
- Know The Legal Risks. Your online activity can be a legal minefield, raising issues like Libel, Employment Law and Intellectual Property. Of course we can’t give you legal advice, but a number of workshops include a breakdown of risks in legally sensitive areas.
- Access Further Expertise. Maybe you’ll reach the end of a workshop and decide you need some help – either to implement what you’ve learned or to take things one step further. If so, we can put you in touch with a local IT student who can step in and solve your problem. And there’s no cost to you.
- Network. Workshops are social affairs, where you’ll get to know other delegates. It’s a chance to expand your contact base, and even find new customers.
- Collaborate. Other delegates will share your interest in the workshop theme. That can be a good basis for exploring fresh avenues, like referral arrangements or a joint venture.